Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Final Poetry - Lightbulb

title? 
The Light glistens on my skin
Glitters like a mirror, reflecting only copies of reality  <cool line
When I stare into it I see the filament
Burning bright orange
The glass is thin and fragile
Like my skin it burns to the touch
A warmth that fills your vision
Like a snake preparing to attack it coils and hisses as it reaches a fine point
Where all power enters and light escapes and pools <note the line break I've imposed here>
  in the night    
<don’t capitalize the first letter of a word that begins a new line unless it is the beginning of a new sentence
Strong, descriptive use of language, Randy.

 Lightbulb
Light glistens on my skin.
Glitters like a mirror, reflecting copies of reality.
When I stare into it I see the filament
burning bright orange.
The glass is thin and fragile
like my skin it burns
a warmth that fills your vision.
Like a snake preparing to attack, it coils and hisses
where all power enters and light escapes and pools
  in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment